Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another hurdle overcome!

Things have a mysterious way of working themselves out on this island. I've tried very hard to avoid making the obvious comparisons to the TV show "Lost" but lately I have been feeling quite a bit like John Locke. No matter what challenges present themselves, they always seem to get resolved in the most incredible ways. Case in point, Noel Afalava, my new intern! Noel contacted me earlier this week about the internship position. She is a health sciences student at ASCC and has considerable experience doing environmental projects in American Samoa. Noel is Samoan but was born and raised in California and she moved to American Samoa for High School. She seems very bright and motivated and I am sure I will be able to bring her up to speed very quickly. Huge relief!!

Now if I could just find my camera...

No comments: